Access Nutritional Assessment
Use the main menu:
New Menu: Chart > Assessments > Add New Assessment > Nutritional Assessment
The Assessments screen displays.
Add a New Nutritional Assessment
Click Add Assessment.
Click Nutritional under Dietary.
Enter a brief description and any applicable notes.
Click Next .
The Nutritional Assessment is divided into seven sections (drawers).
Sections may be opened by clicking the drawer title in the right panel, or by selecting the section listed in the Available Sections panel.
Information obtained from the Nutritional Assessment is available for import to a new MDS when one is created if within the specified time frame.
- Assessment Information – Enter the reason for and date of the assessment.
- Resident Profile – Displays the Resident's basic information such as: residents preferred name, location in facility, admission date, gender, physician information, etc.
- Part I (Information) – Enter information regarding the resident's diet, weight loss/gain, appetite, adaptive equipment, etc.
- Nutrition Concerns – Document nutritional risks, swallowing disorders, pressure sore risk, etc applicable for the resident.
- Labs – Record the resident's recent lab tests.
- Estimated Nutritional Needs – Specify the resident's nutritional needs.
- Signatures – Dietary Manager and Registered Dietitian sign and date the assessment. The second signature will lock the assessment.
Complete all appropriate information in each section.
Sign by right clicking in the Signature box and selecting New Signature or Use Signature on File. The date will fill in automatically.
Click Save or select Mark As Completed or Lock.
View an Existing Assessment
Select the assessment you wish to view.
Click View next to the assessment you wish to view.
Click Cancel when finished.
Edit an Assessment
You can edit assessments that have been saved but not yet signed.
Click Edit next to the assessment you wish to modify.
Make the desired changes.
Sign if the assessment is complete.
Click Save .
Once an assessment has been signed and saved, it is locked and cannot be edited.
Copy an Assessment
Click Copy next to the assessment you wish to duplicate.
The Copy Nutritional Assessment screen displays.
Check Copy for correction if applicable.
Enter a brief description.
Add notes if desired.
Select the section(s) you wish to copy.
( You can click Select All or Unselect All .)
Void an Assessment
Click Void next to the assessment you wish to void.
The Void Nutritional Assessments popup displays.
Enter an explanation for why you are voiding the assessment.
Click Voided Signature to sign using the signature pad.
Or click Use Signature on File .
Your assessment is voided.
View a Corrected or Voided Assessment
Select Corrected or Voided from the View Option drop–down.